To provide an overview of the US abortion and family planning legislative and policy requirements that govern US foreign assistance.
Continuous Learning Points for USAID Staff
USAID staff who complete this course may claim 1.5 continuous learning points (CLPs) for A/CORs. USAID staff can visit OAA's Professional Development and Training pages for more information.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Have increased knowledge of the US abortion and family planning legislative and policy requirements that govern US foreign assistance
- Understand the application of the laws that impact all US foreign assistance
- Understand the application of the laws and policies that impact USAID family planning programs
- Be able to describe actions for ensuring compliance with the laws and policies
- Know whom to contact for further information or assistance, and how to access resource materials
The course was originally published on July 2, 2013. However, to ensure that certificates of completion remain up-to-date, the course will be taken down at the end of December and republished in early January every year. The current date of publishing [January 2, 2018] does not represent any changes to the actual content of the course.
We greatly appreciate the invaluable contributions of the following individuals in developing and reviewing this course:
Ellen Starbird, Beverly Johnston, Lauren Marks, Angela Robertson, Brenda Doe, Scott Radloff, Margaret Neuse, Mary McLaughlin, Susan Pascocello, Jim Shelton, Mary Riley, Chris Davis, Megan Schmitt, and the USAID/PRH staff who pre-tested the course and provided feedback.